(It could happen to you...) Yes, it happened to me. I gained approximately 30 lbs this year. It crept up on me, as I wear a lot of dresses (no waist) low cut jeans (doesn't hit the waist) and don't have a reliable full length mirror.
But with summer on the scene, and no shorts that fit, and both jeans that do fit are in dire need of laundering (and I don't really like the one pair that fits) I decided a trip to Goodwill was in order.
It took me three trips to the dressing room, but I came home with some clothes that look nice on me and make me feel pretty. I know I will lose the weight as I get back into my walking routine, but for now, to have something that fits who I am this moment, well, I feel pretty.
What I got:
- a green plastic bowl to replace the blue plastic bowl I broke trying to break an ice chunk earlier this summer, 99 cents.
- a diorama of sorts with two blue roses, just pretty, a dollar fifty.
- a jewelery box, to replace the one I re-purposed when I re-did my bathroom, leaving some of my jewelery in decorative stationery boxes, two dollars.
- a Melodie Beattie book, two dollars
- Two pairs of shorts, six dollars
- a pair of capris (a capri?), three dollars
- a Liz Claiborne golf shirt, four dollars
- a pair of jeans that doesn't make me look like a cow, six dollars
- a dress that made me take my hair down from my hair barrette and admire that girl in the mirror, priceless.
Wondering if I have any readers. I need to get a page counter again.
Tomorrow evening, it's off to a free concert with Roseanne Cash. I'm going with a guy from work...I think he's more excited about the prospect of going with me, whereas I'm excited to have someone to go with to the concert. I consulted my father and brother. My brother: you have nothing to worry about. My dad: laughed, knowingly. It was a good excuse to call my brother, though.
Sounds like heat thunder outside my window. I'm getting hungry, time for the evening popcorn fix.
One of these days, I'm going to have to see if the bathing suit still fits...but not tonight.