Wednesday, June 22, 2005

hump day

So I admit it--I'm a sucker for compilation discs. My latest aquisition is Good Clean Fun, Vol 2 of Target's idea of good music to dust, mop, scrub to. I bought it because it has one of my favorite songs that I feel never got enough play time, The Remedy, by Jason Mraz.

I really like soundtracks to movies, because you get a good mix of songs, some you might never have heard otherwise. We know the Beach Boys (we, the X generation) as singing, well, beach songs. But on the Almost Famous soundtrack, there is a fabulous song that I never would have pegged as by the Boys, Feel Flows.

The soundtrack to Home Alone is a great Christmas album. The only unfortunate bit is that John Williams recycled the theme music and used it for the Harry Potter movies. I mean the guy is a musical genius--did they just not pay him enough to compose something new?

I'm still in that stage where most of my music is on CDs, but some of it is on tape and yet my car sports a tape player. Now, I am mostly happy with this, since my car is my book on tapes mobile and I think it's a crime that CD's start at the beginning everytime you turn them off--they have no memory. I mean, if I hop into 7-11 for a drink, I don't want to have to find my place in the latest Harry Potter tome.

Well, lunch is over, time to get back to the task at hand--Summer Reading Club at the library...

1 comment:

BabelBabe said...

Hmmm. My car CD player remembers where we turned it off. I almost never need that option at home. But I thought that was standard.